Campaign of the Month: May 2013
The Dark Queen of the West
Tissue Culture Room
Return to the Department of Experimental Biology
This is a positive pressure clean room (HEPA-filtered air supply) equipped with three direct exhaust laminar flow cabinets.
Specialized equipment includes:
HERAsafe Class II Biosafety Cabinets
- Aerosol-tight & motor-driven front window.
- Filter rated at 99.999% for 0.3 µ particles.
- Windows made from non-reflecting laminated safety glass.
- A monitoring system that clearly alerts the user in the event of a blower or filter failure.
- A keypad lock to limit unauthorized access.